"3 weeks" series
In this series you will have the possibility to get a more detailed understanding of the basics of OpenFOAM. You will be able to complete it in about three weeks. It is understandable, that you are exited. Everybody is, but please do not work on the weekends. Breaks are important for the learning process. This is the reason, why the tutorials are divided into fifteen days. Do not skip the weekends! Some time without OpenFOAM is also important.
Go back to Tutorials.
In order to be able to complete the tutorials, you will have to install OpenFOAM. There are multiple ways to do this. First, follow the official guideline here.
On day one you will start to get familiar with OpenFOAM. Just follow the instructions step by step and familiarize yourself with the concept of OpenFOAM, Linux, the terminal and working with dictionaries.
- basic workflow in OpenFOAM
- getting used to the terminal
- meshing with the OpenFOAM internal meshing utility blockMesh
- running simulations
- first steps with postprocessing in Paraview
On day two you will continue with your first steps. You will get an even deeper understanding and learn the work flow of OpenFOAM with a special focus on visualization of results.
- more detailed understanding of the work flow
- further short and fun simulations
- grid convergence
- transport equations
- detailed scientific visualization of results