Cavity by Alex Vakhrushev
- contributor: Alexander Vakhrushev
- affiliation: Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: OpenFOAM 5.x
- Published under: CC BY-NC-SA license (creative commons licenses)
Go back to Day 1.
The cavity tutorial is one of the most basic and easiest tutorials. We will come back to it later in more detail. Here, you will get a fast walk through with a good explanation about
- the mesh
- running the case
- post processing the results.
As a first step:
- click on the link
- go to slide 20 (feel free to read the slides before)
- open a terminal on your computer (ctrl+alt+t)
From here you can follow the tutorial on slide 20. If you do not know, where you OpenFOAM installation is, you can also
- type "tut" to jump into the tutorial folder of OpenFOAM
>> cd incompressible/icoFoam/cavity
to go into the folder of cavity
From here you can copy the case to the location of your preference and follow the instructions in the pdf.