Cavity by Joel Guerrero
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- contributor: Joel Guerrero
- affiliation: Universita degli Studi di Genova, Wolf Dynamics
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: 7
- published under: CC BY-SA license (creative commons licenses)
Go back to Day 2.
In this tutorial, we revisit the classical driven cavity case and we dissect every single dictionary of the case directory. You will learn about,
- Directory structure of an OpenFOAM case
- Simulation workflow
- Saving log files
- How to control the simulation
- Understanding the screen output
- Basic post-processing with paraFoam
- Basic meshing with blockMesh
- Monitoring the solution
- How to interpret errors
- Sampling and plotting
You can download the case files at this link.
Go back to the contributions page.