Grid Convergence by Bahram Haddadi
- contributor: Bahram Haddadi, Clemens Gößnitzer, Jozsef Nagy, Vikram Natarajan, Sylvia Zibuschka, Yitong Chen
- affiliation: Institute of Chemical, Environmental and Bioscience Engineering, TU Wien, Austira
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: OpenFOAM 7.0 and v1906
- Published under: CC BY-NC-SA license (creative commons licenses)
- Editorial board: Bahram Haddadi, Christian Jordan, Michael Harasek
Explanation: Use the sonicFoam solver, simulate 0.007 s of flow inside a shock tube, with a mesh with 100, 1000 and 10000 cells in one dimension, for initial values 1 bar/0.1 bar and 10 bar/0.1 bar.
- To understand the setFields utility
- Learn how to specify initial and boundary conditions
- Investigate effect of grid resolution
Download pdf here.
Picture: Bahram Haddadi, TU Wien