Installing in Windows 10 by Jozsef Nagy
- contributor: Jozsef Nagy
- affiliation: eulerian-solutions e.U., Linz, Austria
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: v2006
- Published under: CC BY license (creative commons licenses)
Go back to Tips.
Go back to 3 weeks series.
In this video you can learn, how you can install OpenFOAM more or less natively in Windows 10. For this we will use the new Windows 10 feature called Bash on Ubuntu on Windows. I will also run a very short simulation to show you, that it really works.
The steps required to install OpenFOAM in Windows 10:
- Enable Windows Subsystem for Linux + restart
- Download and install Ubuntu from the Microsoft store
- Set OpenFOAM environment in .bashrc
- Run simulation
In this second video you will find useful tips for OpenFOAM in Windows 10. You will learn, how you can start both Linux and Windows application with Bash on Ubuntu on Windows (e.g. Paraview) in order to be able to work just like in Ubuntu.