The saying goes "Who owns the mesh, owns the solution". With the help of these tutorials you will learn how to create meshes for arbitrary geometries in order to run your simulations.
Go back to Collection by topic.
- A List of meshing tools that integrate with OpenFOAM.
- Geometry creation - Here you will get a detailed introduction into two alternatives for the creation of geometries as inputs for a CFD project in OpenFOAM.
- blockMesh - In the following tutorials you will find an introduction into meshing with the blockMesh utility:
- snappyHexMesh – Single region - Mesh a flange geometry and simulate heat transfer in it using scalarTransportFoam.
- snappyHexMesh – Multi region - In this tutorial a geometry with more than one region is meshed using snappyHexMesh and simulated using chtMultiRegionFoam.
- Meshing with cfMesh - In this tutorial you will learn the basics of meshing with cfMesh.
- How To Build a complete OpenFOAM Project - Exhaust manifold - In this tutorial you will learn about meshing in a full simulation project.
- Adaptive Mesh Refinement - In this tutorial you learn how you can refine your mesh according to grap(p) and curl(U).
- Rotating Fan in Room - In this tutorial you will learn how to run a rotating mesh simulation.
- Sphere settling under the influence of gravity - In this tutorial you will learn about the simulations with overset meshes.
- Sphere settling under the influence of gravity with varying contact angle - In this tutorial you will learn about the simulations with overset meshes and different contact angles.
- 2D flapping wing - In this tutorial an additional application of the overset methodology is illustrated.
- Inline oscillating cylinder - In this tutorial we will examine the inline oscillatory motion of a cylinder in a uniform flow with morphing and overset mesh.
- Faucet and Sink - In this tutorial you will learn the overset functionality in a VOF simulation with an inlet on the overset mesh.
Mesh dependence study
- Transonic flow around a periodically pitching NACA0012 airfoil - In this tutorial you will learn about the transonic flow around a periodically pitching NACA0012 airfoil including an extensive grid dependence study