Jump to navigation Jump to search
Multiphase modeling is a challenging task. With these tutorials you will learn, how to model flows, where you have multiple phases.
Go back to Collection by topic.
Intro and Overview
- Different models for multiphase flows - Hoste and Jasak provide a in-depth introduction into a variety of models for multiphase flows.
Volume of Fluid
- Volume-of-fluid method - dam break case - Nagy provides a walk through of the dam break tutorial. Haddadi et al. detail on the same tutorial.
- Volume-of-fluid method - two examples - Guerrero details on setup, control and monitor of VoF simulations.
- Volume-of-fluid method in iron casting - Vakhrushev details on the VoF solver, and its application to iron casting.
- In this video series Nagy guides you through an entire simulation project for a multiphase (VOF) flow from the geometry over mesh set up and creation as well as case set up and running the simulation up until the evaluation of the results.
- J. Nagy: Untersuchung von mehrphasigen, kompressiblen Strömungen durch Simulation und Experiment, PhD thesis, Technische Universität Wien, 2012.