Jump to navigation Jump to search
Multiphase modeling is a challenging task. With these tutorials you will learn, how to model flows, where you have multiple phases.
Go back to Collection by topic.
Intro and Overview
- Different models for multiphase flows - Hoste and Jasak provide a in-depth introduction into a variety of models for multiphase flows.
Volume of Fluid
- Volume-of-fluid method - dam break case - Nagy provides a walk through of the dam break tutorial. *
- Multiphase - Use the interFoam solver to simulate breaking of a dam for 2s.
- Volume-of-fluid method - two examples - Guerrero details on setup, control and monitor of VoF simulations.
- Multiphase (VOF) simulation project - In this video series Nagy guides you through an entire simulation project for a multiphase (VOF) flow from the geometry over mesh set up and creation as well as case set up and running the simulation up until the evaluation of the results.
- Hysing benchmark - In this tutorial you will find a reference test case for VoF simulations. It is an elementary quantitative benchmark configuration with reference data in literature.
- Bubble rising in a spiralling path in a large tank - In this tutorial you will learn about a spralling buble rising.
- How to use free-surface flows in OpenFOAM - Here you will find a compact introduction to the theory behind free surface flows in OpenFOAM, a step-by-step guide to run the 2D spillway tutorial and an intro for hydrodynamic instabilities (simulation of Rayleigh - Taylor instability).
- J. Nagy: Untersuchung von mehrphasigen, kompressiblen Strömungen durch Simulation und Experiment, PhD thesis, Technische Universität Wien, 2012.