Taylor Couette flow by Andras Horvath
- author: Andras Horvath
- affiliation: Rheologic GmbH
- contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OpenFOAM version: 4.x
- published under: CC BY-ND license ([https:// creativecommons.org/licenses creative commons licenses])
Go back to Day 2.
[http:// rheologic.net/sites/default/files/pdf/taylor_couette_tutorial-20160913.pdf Taylor Couette flow]
In this [http:// rheologic.net/sites/default/files/pdf/taylor_couette_tutorial-20160913.pdf pdf] you will find a compact description of a well known flow from literature. In this tutorial you will run a simple steady-state simulation, where you can directly compare the quality of your results with literature values.
You can download the [http:// rheologic.net/sites/default/files/downloads/taylor_couette.tar.gz case files] here.
In this tutorial we focus on:
- case, geometry and mesh setup
- boundary conditions
- solution evaluation and post processing
- comparison with theory and experiments from literature