Detailed numerics by Gavin Tabor
- contributor: Gavin Tabor
- affiliation: College of Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences, University of Exeter
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: 5.0
- Published under: CC BY-NC-SA license (creative commons licenses)
Go back to Numerics.
This tutorial from the 13th OpenFOAM Workshop in Shanghai gives a detailed insight into the possibilities of numerics in OpenFOAM. Crucial part of CFD involve three aspects :
- 1. Differencing schemes - representation of individual derivatives
- 2. Matrix inversion - iterative solution of individual equations
- 3. Algorithms - SIMPLE, PISO, Pimple (etc)
Numerical methods for all these need to be specified. Scheme parameters typically also need to be provided. 1. is in fvSchemes; 2, 3 in fvSolution. Aim of this tutorial is to review all of this.