Free surface flows in OpenFOAM by Victoria Korchagova
- contributor: Victoria Korchagova
- affiliation: ISPRAS, Russia, Moscow
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: v1812
- Published under: CC BY-NC-SA license (creative commons licenses)
Go back to Day 9.
In this tutorial you will find a compact introduction to the theory behind free surface flows in OpenFOAM, a step-by-step guide to run the 2D spillway tutorial and an intro for hydrodynamic instabilities (simulation of Rayleigh - Taylor instability). For each case, you will
- create your mesh with
- set the physical properties
- set the boundary conditions
- initialize the fields
- set the numerical schemes
- run computations
The case files can be found here.