Grid convergence by Jozsef Nagy
- contributor: Jozsef Nagy
- affiliation: eulerian-solutions e.U., Linz, Austria
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM versions: v2006
- published under: CC BY-NC-SA license (creative commons licenses)
Go back to Day 2.
In this tutorial
we will cover one of the basic concepts in OpenFOAM. The resolution of your mesh might have an influence onto the results of your simulation. This video gives you a feeling about the importance of grid resolution and how to avoid deviations caused by coarse grid resolution. We will cover
- field initialization with setFields
- mesh refinement with blockMesh
- simulation of a 1D shock tube case
- influence of mesh refinement on the simulation results
- post processing
For older versions of OpenFOAM the blockMeshDict file is located in constant/polyMesh, for newer versions the file is located in system.
Newer versions of OpenFOAM do not use the sample command, instead you can use postProcess -func sample