Hairpin by Joel Guerrero
- contributor: Joel Guerrero
- affiliation: Universita degli Studi di Genova, Wolf Dynamics
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: 7
- published under: CC BY-SA license (creative commons licenses)
Go back to Day 14.
In this tutorial, we will simulate hairpin vortices behind a hemisphere. This case (which seems to be a simple one), can be rather tricky and requires the use of some tricks to trigger the hairpin vortices using coarse meshes. You will learn about,
- Understanding the physics
- Case setup and workflow
- Running the simulation
- Sampling and plotting
- Mesh refinement
You can download the case files at this link.
Go back to the contributions page.