OpenFOAM is widely used both in academia and industry. On this page a collection of publication can be found, which are related to OpenFOAM. Publications are ordered by topic.
We encourage every user of OpenFOAM to add journal or conference papers, theses or any other publications to the list. Please contact us at this email address (please click here) for support.
Topics are ordered alphabetically:
- Håkan Nilsson's collection  comprises some reports that cover Complex Materials related topics.
- Viscoelastic solvers tutorials available in foam-extend 4.0
- J. Nagy, L. Reith, M. Fischlschweiger, G. Steinbichler: Modeling the influence of flow phenomena on the polymerization of ϵ-Caprolactam, Chemical Engineering Science, Volume 111, p. 85-93, 24 May 2014
- J. Nagy, L. Reith, M. Fischlschweiger, G. Steinbichler: Influence of fiber orientation and geometry variation on flow phenomena and reactive polymerization of ϵ-caprolactam, Chemical Engineering Science, Volume 128, p. 1-10, 25 May 2015
- M. Nishikawa, H. Otomo, Y. Yoshida, J. Deguchi, M. Tsukamoto and T. Yamamoto: The cooling mechanism of minuscule ribbed surfaces, Sci Rep 10, 5635 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-62288-1
- J. Nagy: Untersuchung von mehrphasigen, kompressiblen Strömungen durch Simulation und Experiment, PhD thesis, Technische Universität Wien, 2012.
- H. Jasak, Error analysis and estimation for the finite volume method with applications to fluid flows, Ph.D. thesis, Impreial College, University of London (1996).
- H. G. Weller, G. Tabor, H. Jasak, C. Fureby, A tensorial approach to computational continuum mechanics using object-oriented techniques, Computers in Physics 12 (6) (1998).
- H. Jasak, OpenFOAM: Open source CFD in research and industry, International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, 1 (2) (2009) 89 – 94.
- S. Jakirlic, L. Kutej, P. Unterlechner and C. Tropea: Critical Assessment of Some Popular Scale-Resolving Turbulence Models for Vehicle Aerodynamics, SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst., Volume 10(1), p. 235-250, 2017, doi:10.4271/2017-01-1532.
- M. Islam, F. Decker, E. de Villiers, A. Jackson, J. Gines, T. Grahs, A. Gitt–Gehrke and J. Comas i Font: Application of Detached–Eddy Simulation for Automotive Aerodynamics Development, SAE International, 2009-01-0333, 2009.
- T. Mukha, M. Liefvendahl. Large-eddy simulation of turbulent channel flow. Technical report, Uppsala University, 2015.
- I. Clifford, H. Jasak, The application of a multi-physics toolkit to spatial reactor dynamics, International Conference on Mathematics, Computational Methods and Reactor Physics (2009).
- I. Clifford, A hybrid coarse and fine mesh solution method for prismatic high temperature gas-cooled reactor thermal-fluid analysis, PhD Dissertation, The Pennsylvania State University, US (2013).
- M. Aufiero, Development of Advanced Simulation Tools for Circulating Fuel Nuclear Reactors, PhD thesis, Politecnico di Milano, Italy (2014).
- C. Fiorina, I. Clifford, M. Aufiero, K. Mikityuk, GeN-Foam: a novel OpenFOAM based multi-physics solver for 2D/3D transient analysis of nuclear reactors, Nuclear Engineering and Design 294 (2015) 24 – 37.564.
- S. Radman, C. Fiorina, K. Mikityuk, A. Pautz, A coarse-mesh methodology for modelling of single-phase thermal-hydraulics of ESFR innovative assembly design, Nuclear Engineering and Design 355 (2019).