Running your first case by Jozsef Nagy
- contributor: Jozsef Nagy
- affiliation: eulerian-solutions e.U., Linz, Austria
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: v2006
- published under: CC BY-NC-SA license (creative commons licenses)
Go back to Day 5.
In this video you will be given a case, that you will have to set up and run on your own. You will
- create your mesh
- set up initial and boundary conditions
- set up physical properties
- set correct numerical settings
- run your simulation
- post process your simulation
Please do not skip this tutorial and do not take yourself the possibility to fight yourself though all the way to the very end. This is one of the best feelings while working with OpenFOAM.
There is a solution for the case, that you are stuck, but try to watch it once you are confident, that you found the correct way on your own.
For older versions of OpenFOAM the blockMeshDict file is located in constant/polyMesh, for newer versions the file is located in system.