Session B by Stefan Radl
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- contributor: Stefan Radl
- affiliation: Technische Universität Graz, Austria
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: 5.x
- published under: CC BY-NC-SA license (creative commons licenses)
Go back to Day 1.
Go back to Postprocessing
Go back to Stefan's collection
Session B: Using OpenFOAM
- This is the primer: you will get familiar with the main strategy to develop a case.
- This is the case overview: you will get familiar with the structure of a case.
- Basics of blockMesh: you will get build a simple mesh.
- Inspection of controlDict: you will be guided through the main file that controls your case.
- Hints related to Dictionaries: making life easier by displaying options in dictionaries.
- fvSchemes and fvSolution: informs you about key settings of the numerics.
- Sampling and Probing: you will learn essential post-processing steps.
- Visualization 0.1: basics of how to look at your data.
- DPMFoam Part 1, and DPMFoam Part 2: quick look at an Euler-Lagrange solver.
- MPPICFoam: an interesting solver for all uses that like to work with particles!
Listen, and get hands dirty!
Note: videos should display fine on Google Chrome browser. There are some known issues with MS Edge browsers.
Useful background information
- The OpenFOAM user guide has a section on Function Objects that is useful to understand which post-processing can be done by OpenFOAM natively.