T-junction by Bahram Haddadi and colleagues
- contributor: Bahram Haddadi, Clemens Gößnitzer, Sylvia Zibuschka, Yitong Chen
- affiliation: Institute of Chemical, Environmental and Bioscience Engineering, TU Wien, Austira
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: OpenFOAM 7.0 and v1906
- Published under: CC BY-NC-SA license (creative commons licenses)
- Editorial board: Bahram Haddadi, Christian Jordan, Michael Harasek
Explanation: Use simpleFoam and scalarTransportFoam to simulate the flow through a square cross section T pipe and calculate RTD (Residence Time Distribution) for both inlets using a step function injection.
- Understanding RTD calculation using OpenFOAM
- Using multiple solver for a simulation
Download pdf here.
Picture: Bahram Haddadi, TU Wien