Theory by Joel Guerrero
- contributor: Joel Guerrero
- affiliation: Universita degli Studi di Genova, Wolf Dynamics
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: 7
- published under: CC BY-SA license (creative commons licenses)
Go back to Day 4.
In these slides, you will find a general introduction to the FVM and some details on the numerics implemented in OpenFOAM. The following topics are covered:
- Brief introduction to the finite volume method
- CFL number
- Linear solvers
- Solution methods
- Unsteady and steady simulations
- Monitoring and interpreting the residuals
- Boundary and initial conditions
In these slides, you will a series of test cases that you can use to play around with the numerics. Do not be fooled by the cases, they seem to be easy problems but they are known to be numerical schemes killers. So let us see how well do we master the theory.
- You can download the numerical playground case files in this link.
Go back to the contributions page.