Turbulence modeling by Bahram Haddadi
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- contributor: Bahram Haddadi, Clemens Gößnitzer, Jozsef Nagy, Vikram Natarajan, Sylvia Zibuschka, Yitong Chen
- affiliation: Institute of Chemical, Environmental and Bioscience Engineering, TU Wien, Austira
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: OpenFOAM 7.0 and v1906
- Published under: CC BY-NC-SA license (creative commons licenses)
- Editorial board: Bahram Haddadi, Christian Jordan, Michael Harasek
Explanation: Use the pisoFoam solver, run a backward facing step case for 0.2 s with different turbulence models: Smagorinsky (LES), kEqn (LES) and kEpsilon (RAS).
- Understanding turbulence models
- Understanding the difference between transient and steady state simulation
- Finding appropriate turbulence model
Download pdf here.
Picture: Bahram Haddadi, TU Wien