Discretization by Jozsef Nagy
- contributor: Jozsef Nagy
- affiliation: eulerian-solutions e.U., Linz, Austria
- contact: click here for email address
- OpenFOAM version: v2006
- Published under: CC BY-NC-SA license (creative commons licenses)
Go back to Day 4.
In this tutorial
you will get a detailed introduction into discretization. The order of magnitude of the utilized discretization is as important as your grid resolution. A detailed knowledge on the basics will help you improve your simulations results. This tutorial gives you an understanding on the theory, an introduction on the implementation as well as the application of different schemes within an OpenFOAM case. The topics covered here are:
- spatial discretization
- face interpolation
- changing schemes in OpenFOAM
- divergence schemes
- influence of discretization on the simulation results of a passive scalar
- post processing
For older versions of OpenFOAM the blockMeshDict file is located in constant/polyMesh, for newer versions the file is located in system.